- 6 to 8 tomatillos
- 1 red onion
- 2 jalapeno (or serrano) peppers) add more if you like it spicy
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup of olive, canola or vegetable oil
- 1 bunch cilantro salt (kosher) to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Peel and wash tomatillos. Peel red onion and cut into quarters.
- Wash and stem jalapenos. Combine tomatillos, onions, jalapenos, and garlic in a small roasting pan.
- Spread out ingredients. Drizzle with oil. Roast in the oven for about 30minutes. You want to see a little char on top. If you like a little more char, let it go a little longer. The garlic should feel soft and be brown in spots. Cool down. Place mixture with cilantro and salt in a food processor. Process while slowly adding about a 1/2 cup of water. Add more or less to achieve your preferred salsa consistency.
- You may need to do this in two batches if there too much for one batch (duh). Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips, over tacos, with eggs or on your burrito.
Makes 8 to 9 cups.